Tissue Extraction and Morcellation: The Menace of Unexpected Malignancy
Hysterectomy,Myomectomy,Uterine fibroids,Uterine sarcomas
Citation Information :
Abdusattarova K. Tissue Extraction and Morcellation: The Menace of Unexpected Malignancy. Int J Gynecol Endsc 2017; 1 (1):1-4.
CC BY 3.0
Copyright © 2017; Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd.
How to cite this article
Mettler L, Abdusattarova K. Tissue Extraction and Morcellation: The Menace of Unexpected Malignancy. Int J Gynecol Endsc 2017;1(1):1-4.
- AAGL Statement to the FDA on Power Morcellation. http://http:aagl.org/. Published July 2014.
- Tissue puncture and loop ligation – new aids for surgical therapeutic pelviscopy (laparascopy)=endoscopic intraabdominal surgery. Endoscopy 1978 May;10(2):119-124.
- Morcellement and suturing using pelviscopy: not a problem any more (Article in German). Geburtshilfe Frauenheilkd 1991 Oct;51(10):843-846.
- Electrical cutting device for laparoscopic removal of tissue from the abdominal cavity. Obstet Gynecol 1993 Mar;81(3):471-474.
- Laparoscopic myomectomy. Time and cost analysis of power vs. manual morcellation. J Reprod Med 1997 Jul;42(7):383-388.
- A newly developed morcellator creates a new dimension in minimally invasive surgery. J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2007 Mar-Apr;14(2):233-239.
- Randomized controlled study comparing the Gynecare Morcellex and Rotocut G1 tissue morcellators. J Minim Invasive Gynecol 2010 Mar-Apr;17(2):192-199.
- Laparoscopic supracervical hysterectomy with transcervicalmorcellation. J Minim Invasive Gynecol 2010 May-Jun;17(3):331-336.
- Laparoscopic morcellator-related com-plications. J Minim Invasive Gynecol 2014 May-Jun;21(3):486-491.
- Iatrogenic endometriosis caused by uterine morcellation during a supracervical hysterectomy. Obstet Gynecol 2003 Nov;102(5 Pt 2):1125-1127.
- Comparison of the histopathological diagnoses of preoperative dilation and curettage and Pipelle biopsy. Eur J Gynaecol Oncol 2014;35(5):539-543.
- Incidence of uterine sarcomas among patients operated for uterine fibroids by myomectomy and hysterectomy Geburtshilfe Frauenheilkd 2016;76:P303.
- The prevalence of occult leiomyosarcoma at surgery for presumed uterine fibroids: a meta-analysis. Gynecol Surg 2015;12(3):165-177.
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration's guidance regarding morcellation of leiomyomas: well-intentioned, but is it harmful for women? Obstet Gynecol 2016 Jan;127(1):18-22.
- Malignancy rate of 10,731 uteri morcellated during laparoscopic supracervical hysterectomy (LASH). Arch Gynecol Obstet 2015 Sep;292(3):665-672.
- Risk of occult uterine sarcoma in women undergoing hysterectomy for benign indications. Obstet Gynecol 2016 Mar;127(3):468-473.
- Incidental power morcellation of malignancy: a retrospective cohort study. Gynecol Oncol 2015 Feb;136(2):274-277.
- Morcellation of undiagnosed uterine sarcoma: a critical review. Crit Rev Oncol Hematol 2016 Feb;98:302-308.
- [A critical assessment of morcellation in case of uterine malignancies and its impact on gynecologic surgery: from "precautionary principle" to "realism"]. Bull Cancer 2016 Jan;103(1):96-103.
- Practice patterns and postoperative complications before and after US Food and Drug Administration safety communication on power morcellation. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2016 Jan; 214(1):98.e1-98.e13.
- Contained power morcellation within an insufflated isolation bag. Obstet Gynecol 2014 Sep;124(3):491-497.